Pages

Introduction

We are a Grade 3 classroom at Bernie Wolfe Community School in Winnipeg, MB, Canada. We are excited to share what's going on in our classroom with all of our readers!

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

WSO!

Today we went to go see the symphony, and it was a really big place with lots of stairs. My favourite song of the day was Star Wars. - Cameron

We went to the concert hall. On the way there, my bus partners were Erika and Braylin, and Braylin and I passed by the planetarium, and we wanted to go in it. My favourite song that the symphony played was Under The Sea. - Kyra

On the way to the symphony on the bus, Kyra and I were singing, and same with on the way back. My favourite song that they played was Under The Sea. - Braylin

This morning at 9:00 AM, we went on the bus to go to the symphony orchestra. When we got there, it took about 15 minutes to wait, so they could start playing. My favourite song was... all of them! - Joey

On the bus, my partners were Cameron and Dylan, and when we were driving, it took us about 20 minutes. When we came in there, we went downstairs, then we went super-duper high, but not the highest, in the concert hall. When we were walking, we looked down where the hole was (between the stairs), and we felt like it was super-duper high. My favourite song was... all of them! - Gal

This morning, all of the Grade 4 and 5 students at Radisson (along with their teachers) were fortunate enough to get to travel downtown to the Centennial Concert Hall. Ms. Evans, our music teacher, arranged for all of us to attend Bach To The Future, performed by the Winnipeg Symphony Orchestra. The students or Room 18 were very well behaved, both on the bus and at the concert - bravo! As for my favourite selections, being a science fiction fan, I definitely approved of the WSO performing the main theme from Star Wars (although if they had also performed Darth Vader's Imperial March, it would have been even better!). However, the highlight for me was that the show started off with the theme from 2001: A Space Odyssey - an unexpected surprise!


1 comment:

Elora said...

I loved going seeing the WSO. My favorite song was Under the sea.


sincerely
Elora
Room 4
4\5 S